Once you have run the report and applied any parameters, you can re-arrange, sort and filter the data.
Once your report is on the screen, you can change the view to make it easier to analyse the data. This can be done by moving the data into groups by a column header and then grouping the data further using additional column headers.
- Click and hold the column header that you want to group by
- Drag the column header up to the space above
- The report is now set into groups by the column header
- Repeat the above steps with additional column headers to group the data further
- To remove the grouping, click on the cross by the header name that the report is grouped by
Columns can be moved into different positions and even removed completely from the report.
- Click and hold on the column header that you want to move
- Drag the column header along the column row, then drop it between the two columns to reposition
To remove any unwanted columns:
- Click on the arrow on any column header
- Select Columns from the menu
- Untick the columns that are no longer required in the report
Columns can be sorted in ascending or descending order. This can be done, by either:
- Clicking on the column header
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Sort Ascending, or Sort Descending
Using the filter option enables you to extract data that meets specified conditions in one or more columns. See below as an example:
To return all claims for a particular date that had a category of Hotel, a filter would be set on the Date column. A filter would then be set on the Category column.
In this scenario the condition on both filters is set to, Is equal to . The date required is entered in the field below (Date column), Hotel is entered in the second filter (Category column).
If a filter has been set on a column, then it is indicated by a funnel icon on the column header.